2005/06/10

在 X31 安裝 Gentoo 2005.0 找不到光碟機的問題

找到解答了。

http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-320660-highlight-livecd+boot+usb.html

*** UPDATE - changed /dev/sr0 to /dev/ram0 in the last part (bolded) below. Sorry 'bout that.

After pulling my hair out (what's left anyway), I got this thing working. I saw other posts that say it just won't work with this release. Here's what I did:

After dropping to the mini-shell:

Determining root device...
The root block device is unspecified or not detected.
Please specify a device to boot, or "shell" for a shell...
boot() :: shell

Checked to see that the USB CD-ROM was found

cat /proc/scsi/scsi
cat /proc/scsi/usb-storage/0 [your number here may vary]
cat /proc/sys/dev/cdrom/info [I found my drive name was "sr0"]
ls -l /dev/sr0 [shows that the device doesn't exist]
cat /proc/devices | grep sr [shows me the major node (?), mine is "11 sr"]
mknod /dev/sr0 b 11 0
exit

Then, it asks again for the boot device:

boot() ::

this time, I entered "/dev/ram0" and it booted into the livecd!

Hope this helps someone.

0bijuan

2 則留言 :

  1. Author: richliu

    我的經驗
    http://blog.richliu.com/2005/05/24/189/

    回覆刪除
  2. Author: Yuren Ju

    太感謝了 ^^

    終於解決這困擾我很久的問題

    回覆刪除